Resources for Windows Analytics
I’m often asked for a set of resources to get started or to understand the Windows Analytics toolset. Below is a collection of my favorite resources, which I may update from time-to-time.
- Windows Analytics accelerates enterprise Windows 10 migration. With Update Compliance and Device Health services now generally available, Windows Analytics provides an end-to-end upgrade solution with actionable insights into device performance, reliability, and health, so enterprises can broadly migrate their devices from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 or update Windows 10 devices to the latest feature update (Windows 10, version 1709) quickly and with confidence.
- Register today for exclusive access to a one-hour, demo-rich webcast showcasing solutions that can help you monitor and proactively improve your experience with Windows 10 upgrades, update deployment, and device management.
- Have you heard of the new Upgrade Analytics service to help in your application compatibility planning and readiness? If not, a Microsoft Mechanics video (6 minutes) was created to highlight and showcase the technology. Read more and watch at:
- Videos and setup guides for Upgrade Readiness in the Windows Analytics suite. Includes jump points to technical documentation on prerequisites, etc.
- A demo from Microsoft Mechanics walks you through common usage scenarios for Windows Analytics Update Compliance, a cloud-based solution that provides you with an inventory of the devices in your organization, the version of Windows installed on each device, the update status of each device, and antimalware assessment for Windows Defender Antivirus-enabled devices.
- In January a “Ask Microsoft Anything” (AMA) about Windows Analytics was held. Members of the engineering and product teams were answered questions and listened to feedback about Upgrade Readiness, Update Compliance, Device Health, and the future roadmap for Windows Analytics. Those conversations were recorded and can be found in techcommunity link below.
- Discussion about pricing of OMS for Windows Analytics.
- Announcing Delivery Optimization Insights for Windows Analytics: Update Compliance https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/upgradeanalytics/2017/12/17/announcing-post-upgrade-insights-in-upgrade-readiness
- Windows Analytics utilizes Operations Management Suite (OMS) workspaces with Log Analytics. OMS requires and Azure subscription (which can be free). The following guide covers how to create the OMS=>Azure association for two scenarios: (1) Your organization is new to Microsoft Azure and you just want to use Upgrade Analytics, and (2) Your company is already using an Azure subscription and you want to create an OMS workspace for Upgrade Analytics under your Azure subscription
- Detailed information on how Upgrade Readiness collects application inventory for your OMS workspace. Includes info about data collection, appraiser updates, best practices, and troubleshooting!
Last updated: 7/10/2018