Windows 10 news you can use, November 2017 edition
Providing insights into Windows 10 deployment & management, security & compliance, and productivity
In other related news…
- Windows 10, version 1709 is the fourth feature update for Windows 10, offering IT professionals a comprehensive set of intelligent security solutions, streamlined deployment and management options, and proactive insights to help protect data and devices, save time, and reduce costs. See what’s new for IT pros in 1709.
- Did you miss Microsoft Ignite 2017 or want to watch session that you missed? If so, then have no fear! Many of the Windows sessions (and decks) from Microsoft Ignite 2017 are now available online and on demand.
- On Thursday, November 2nd, Nathan Mercer of Microsoft is hosting a webcast with everyone’s favorite deployment expert, Michael Niehaus, to walk you through what’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Together, they’ll go over the security improvements that will help you stay ahead of today’s advanced threats and safeguard your devices and data. They’ll also show you some of the cloud-based identity, device, and app management capabilities that can save you time and enable you to support corporate-owned and user-owned devices in a controlled, compliant, secure manner. Registration at https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2017/10/10/see-whats-new-for-it-pros-in-windows-10-version-1709.
|Deployment & Management|
1) Register today for exclusive access to a one-hour, demo-rich webcast showcasing solutions that can help you monitor and proactively improve your experience with Windows 10 upgrades, update deployment, and device management. Webcast will be Tuesday 11/7/2017.
2) Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709)
3) Update 1710 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test environment before they are made generally available.
|Security & Compliance|
1) Microsoft Mechanics, live at Ignite 2017: Real tales of [recent] attacks and the defenses in Windows 10 to stop them
2) Browser security beyond sandboxing
3) Final release of the recommended security configuration baseline settings for Windows 10 1709
4) Mobile, collaborative, and secure—Using Windows Information Protection to protect corporate data. IT Showcase case study (30-minute video) that outlines how Microsoft IT is using Windows Information Protection.
5) Forrester Research recently released a report (available for purchase) which explains to risk and security professionals the best ways to utilize the new Windows 10 security features while keeping users’ privacy intact.
1) What’s new [for the user experience] in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
2) What’s New in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
3) Designing devices for the new culture of work
4) Introducing Surface Book 2, the most powerful Surface Book ever
5) Windows 10 Tip: Work more efficiently with MyAnalytics, it can help you managed relationships with important people, prioritize your time and track the reach and influence of your email communications.
6) Windows 10 Tip: Get started with the Windows 10 Maps app