This June 2017 edition of Win10 news you can use is primarily based around security. Do note that item #1 is for an upcoming webcast that could be beneficial for you or others in your team to attend.
- Windows 10 deployment: Tips and Tricks from Microsoft IT – LIVE June 20 at 10AM PST – This webinar will focus on best practices and lessons learned, from application compatibility testing and upgrade strategies to smoothing the deployment path through end user readiness
- R.I.P … Windows 10 1507 end of support. Next up is end of support for Win10 1511 (Anniversary Update).
- Recently the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (WDATP) research team noticed security alerts that demonstrated an intriguing attack pattern. These early alerts uncovered a well-planned, finely orchestrated cyberattack that targeted several high-profile technology and financial organizations.
- Announced last September in the Microsoft Edge Blog, Windows Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge is now available in Windows Insider Preview (Build 16188) for Enterprise users in the Fast Ring. Microsoft Edge running in Application Guard provides enterprises the maximum level of protection from malware and zero day attacks against Windows.
- Improvements for Enterprises in Microsoft Edge on the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The security capabilities of Windows 10, Windows Defender Antivirus, and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection are constantly evolving to protect against current and future threats. Download this white paper to learn how Microsoft uses data science, machine learning, automation, behavioral analysis, and expert threat researchers to forge the next generation of security solutions.
- Microsoft Secure Blog on “7 types of highly effective hackers (and what to do about them)”; get the free e-book (registration required) to learn about the seven different types of hackers and get recommendations on how you can better prepare your organization against their potential threats.