This is the walk-through in preparation for demonstrations from my Microsoft Master webcast on App-V 5.0 scripting. For the full webcast information, visit https://t3chn1ck.wordpress.com/2014/02/03/playback-of-microsoft-master-app-v-5-0/.
This demo will show how to “activate” a user script that you may have added to the UserConfig.xml of an App-V package.
- In your the App-V web console, locate the package and click Edit
- For the deployed user group, select the drop-down option for “Custom” and click Edit
- On the Custom Configuration pane, select Advanced from the left-side menu, the click Import and Overwrite this Configuration
- Locate and open the UserConfig.xml
Important: due some irregularities with Silverlight, after opening the XML, the console may revert back to the main package administration pane. You’ll need to navigate back to the Advanced configuration (e.g. repeat steps 1-3 above).
- In the window, select to Overwrite the configuration