Month: September 2013
Create ConfigMgr Package for Office 365 Pro Plus
Quick guide to create an O365 Pro Plus (e.g. Click-To-Run) deployment with ConfigMgr
- Obtain the source files
- Download the Office Deployment Tool for Click-To-Run
- Run the wizard (or use a tool such as 7-zip) to extract Setup.exe
- setup.exe /download <path of Configuration.xml file>
- Create a configuration file based upon config your desired configurations (or use the example below)
- Create a ConfigMgr package with the setup.exe, configuration.xml file(s), and the download Office folder
- Create a program for the package to run command line setup.exe /configure <path of Configuration.xml file>
(setup will locate the source files within the Office folder)
Example configuration.xml file for deployment
<Configuration> <Add OfficeClientEdition="32" > <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail"> <Language ID="en-us" /> </Product> </Add> <Updates Enabled="TRUE" /> <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" /> <Logging Name="O365ProPlusRetail.log" Path="%temp%" /> <Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" /> </Configuration>
Below are some additional resources provided to me by a colleague which were of additional help.
- How to customize the xml: us/download/details.aspx?id=36778
- TechNet talking how to deploy it: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj839718(v=office.15).aspx
- TechNet talking about the /download and /configure commands: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219422(v=office.15).aspx
ConfigMgr 2007 http error is 12030
If you’re experiencing SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER message 5438 on a ConfigMgr 2007 that is in native mode, check the bindings on the default website in IIS. It should be set to use HTTPS (443) with the SSL cert field set to use that server name.
Site status message:
MP Control Manager detected MP is not responding to HTTP requests. The http error is 12030.
Possible cause: MP service is not started or not responding.
Solution: Manually restart the SMS Agent Host service on the MP.
Possible cause: IIS service is not responding.
Solution: Manually restart the W3SVC service on the MP.