The application compatibility toolkit (ACT) is a great tool for analyzing compatibility of apps when doing a migration of Windows. However, the available “reports” are limited in what they display out-of-box. Fortunately since the tool is a SQL database, we can write our own queries to get what we need. The below procedure/query will identify business specific apps and the detected compatibility issues.
- Create and customize an ACT query (within the compatibility manager) which identifies your specific business software
- Select all of the apps listed
- Create a new custom category “Priority Business Apps”
- Run the following query against the ACT database
Select distinct CAQ.subCategory, AR.AppName, LI.issueID, AIQ.severity, LI.title, LI.Details from Applications AR join AppReport_Issues_Query AIQ on AIQ.appID=AR.identity_hash join Categorized_Applications_Query CAQ on CAQ.objectID=AR.identity_hash join Localized_Issue LI on LI.issueID=AIQ.issueID where CAQ.category='Priority Business Apps'
- Copy the results into Excel