This is part 4 of many! For the most part, this is same content/notes that I had done as part of my SCCM Guru sponsored webcast in early 2012.
Tips & Tricks
- Copying steps between different task sequences
- Controlling reboot behaviors with the exit codes
- Maybe extend this script to use a TS variable to modify the restart behavior?
- Only execute when certain software is installed
- Using SMS_InstalledSoftware instead of Win32Reg_AddRemovePrograms
- Installing multiple applications
- Troubleshooting OS deployments using task sequences, such as Software Updates
- List of hotfixes for task sequences??
- WMI conditions for if statements
- How to access the SCCM client during a task sequence
- Installing software updates
- Bug in software updates for task sequences
i. how to run fix with VB Script
- Workaround for installing Office updates during a TS
- How to halt/kill execution of an actively running task sequence
- Updating SCCM default boot images to support HTA
- How to add language packs without MDT
- Hiding the display dialog box
- Set ProgressUI = CreateObject(“Microsoft.SMS.TsProgressUI”)
- When this is useful
- TS documentor
- Copy logs (check Maik’s blog)
- Email notification
- Automagically include support-related files in your boot images for troubleshooting during task sequences.
- How To: Inject Drivers from USB During a ConfigMgr Operating System Task Sequence
- Jason Sandy’s OSD App Tree
- Automatically documenting your task sequences
- Versioning / Monitoring SCCM Task Sequences
- How can I get my task sequence to prompt for a password?
- Jason Sandy’s OSD++
- Logging TS Variables –
- Possible to run a DCM in a TS to detect inventory?
- Enhanced Patch Management
- Displaying HTA in an OS or allowing user interaction with ServiceUI
- Hardware configuration with the Dell CCTK