For those whom need to add language packs to a Win7 image build/deployment, but only have SCCM infrastructure (without MDT integration), a TechNet forum posting gives the answer (which I’ve posted below).
- Create a package and copy each lp.cab file into the root (Just rename each cab so they can all exist in the same folder e.g. de-de.cab for German etc…)
- In your task sequence, after the Setup windows and ConfigMgr step and before you apply any updates (important) add a Run command line step with the following properties:
- Package: The package from step 1
- Disable 64-bit file system redirection: Enabled
- Command Line: cmd.exe /c dism.exe /online /add-package /PackagePath:”%CD%”
This will add all language packs that exist in the package directory to the installed OS. If you need to add more languages later, just drop a CAB file in the package and update it the command line stays the same. This also has the added benefit of only downloading the package once to install all the required languages. If you specify multiple tasks to do this in the task sequence it has to download each one separately which can add some additional overhead to the time to install.