Month: January 2010
HTA Support in SCCM Boot Images
Want to have HTA support in your SCCM 2007 SP2 boot images (with WinPE 3.0), but don’t want to implement MDT 2010? Follow these short instructions to get yourself on your way! When doing this for the first time, I recommend using a copy of the boot.wim and not your production boot.wim!!
The general process for doing this:
- Ensure you have installed the WAIK for Windows 7
- Mount the base image by using the DISM tool to a local directory share. For example,
Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\winpe_x86\winpe.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\winpe_x86\mount
- Add packages, and language packs as appropriate by using the Dism command with the /Add-Package option. For example, to add the HTA package you must add both the language neutral package along with the language specific package. For example:
Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_FPs\WinPE-HTA.cab”
Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_FPs\en-us\WinPE-HTA_en-us.cab”
- Commit the changes using the Dism command with the /Unmount-Wim /Commit option. For example,
Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Commit
- Import the .wim into SCCM and, voila, you now have a boot image with HTA support!
Fix SCCM Client Scan State
If you have a client system that is incorrectly reporting it’s Software Updates scan state, you can use the follow script to force the client to do a full report of the compliance scan state. It has worked for me thus far!
' Script from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc146437.aspx dim newCCMUpdatesStore set newCCMUpdatesStore = CreateObject ("Microsoft.CCM.UpdatesStore") newCCMUpdatesStore.RefreshServerComplianceState
Just making note of a great PXE SP troubleshooting guide created by the ConfigMgr product team.