Issues of Post-SP2 Upgrade for SCCM 2007

Posted on

I finally completed upgrading our SCCM 2007 central site (and two secondary sites) to SP2.  Though it was successful, there were two issues that occurred as a result of the upgrade which may be useful for you to watch for. 

The first issue is that I was unable to update any distribution points for packages or adding new distribution points to a package.  This was being caused by a malfunctioning Distribution Manager in which the changes were being queued and not processed.

  • Issue can first be identified by noticing that updating package distribution points is “stuck” in a state of “Install Pending”
  • Check the distmgr.log – it may show that every the manager is attempting to validate every single package on every single distribution point…one at a time. 
  • If the distmgr.log will show a line that says “GetObject Failed error 0x8007003
  • If a file named “RESETISAPI.TRN” exists within  the DistMgr.box
  • Then the solution is founded in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/969163 for the second solution. 

The second issue that I experienced with the inability for unknown computers to know that there was a task sequence assigned to run.  Short of the long story is that I fixed the situation by deleting the existing advertisements and recreating them.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s